Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Beware of Daycares.

A great thing has happened that has nothing to do with diet and exercise, I've found a great new daycare for my son. He no longer cries, clings or tries to keep me there with him. As a matter of fact, when I drop him off he goes straight to his class without a kiss or hug for me. It is a structured environment where the kids actually learn things all day and go on cool field trips. My son loves it there and so I love it there too.

In the following paragraphs I'm going to tell you just a little bit about what my son had to go through before we found a decent, safe place for him to be. If you're reading this and have a kid in daycare don't wait like I did before you pull your kid out of a bad daycare. Listen to your child if he doesn't want to go. Don't just assume it's a phase he's going through, or that he's acting like this because he's never been to daycare before. My son and I are just lucky nothing worse happened to him there.

Last Friday was his last day at his old daycare. My son and I have had enough. There is a 9/10 year old boy there who used to literally beat on my son. One day I picked him up and he had a carpet burn on top of bruises that outlined 3 of his ribs, now he has a permanent scar on his back. The boy named Frank had picked up my 4 year old son over his head threw, him down then dragged him. As if that wasn't bad enough, the daycare insinuated that it was another child in his class that did it.

I thought ok two four year olds horse playing and my son fell, it could happen so I left it alone. Well two weeks later the 9/10 year old comes up to me and tells me what he did to my son. Let me tell you I was pissed and let the daycare know that if the kid touched my kid again I was calling the police. Another thing that burns my ass is they never even made a report in his file about the incident and the bitch (Director) even tried to say it was my son's fault. Since when does a four year old know more than a 9/10 year old?

My son isn't even the only kid who suffered at this kids hands. So anyway last Thursday Frank hurt my son again, my son showed me more marks on his back when we got home, so I called them and the director tells me basically it's my son's fault that Frank beat on him because he snuck into the big kids room! My son should not have been able to sneak anywhere.

My son also tells me that another kid named Angelo was looking at my sons (clothed) butt, I thought that was kinda odd but my son goes on to show me how that kid had him. Now check me if I'm wrong but I don't believe it's normal behavior for one child to look at another child's bottom even fully clothed, but I think it even more bizarre for the child to have the other child with his ankles next to his head!!!!!! When I tried to explain this to the daycare owner the director walks in and yells that my kid looks at other kids butts too, this could have ended in violence since I didn't like the tone , the volume or the way she said any of this and my first instinct was to punch her in her mouth so hard that I'd break all my knuckles. I didn't though because that would not solve anything and it would scare my son. While what she said is true, it wasn't till he started attending Kinder Kollege previously known as Adam Oaks Academy that he started doing that and he doesn't put kids in any weird positions to do it or go to the extent that some of the other children go. He'd rather be playing than anything else.

Well that was it for me, I've given this place plenty of chances to correct the problems they have, but nothing gets done. I personally think this Frank kid is a future Jeffrey Dahmer, hell he could even be that monster's child. I wonder if Dahmer ever donated to a sperm bank? It would not surprise me to learn that the kid kills all the neighborhood pets and keeps souveniers to remember them by (like an eye).

There is so much more I could tell you about this daycare it's so awful there. I only wish I had switched my son to another daycare much earlier, like a year ago. Actually I wish I'd never taken him to this daycare at all.

In writing this I've finally made up my mind and I'm going to report them to the appropiate authorities before this kid kills a kid at that daycare, although it won't be mine because he will never attend that daycare again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree that you shouldn't wait to pull your kid out of a bad childcare situation.
But good luck trying to find a decent daycare.

Paradox said...

anonymous~
Thank you.
I did luck out though and found a good one.

Sol~
Fo shizzle!