Friday, June 23, 2006

Day Five

Today I was on the treadmill for only 63 min 40 sec.

I burnt 505.0 calories

And I walked 2.90 miles.

I did this at my usual incline of 1 at my usual speed of 2.8.

My grand total of burnt calories for the week is...drumroll...2162.8.

And I have walked a total of 12.47 miles this week. Wow! Who'd of thunk it. I'm really proud of myself.

Now I've been using a Sports Art Fitness 6300 HR (heart rate) with a personal cardio advisor, and I don't think like it. The reason why is every time I put my hands on the hand grips so it can tell me my heart rate it gives me wrong information. It has to be wrong, I mean at my halfway mark (30 min) I put my hands on it and it tells me my heart rate is 88, yet I can feel my heart beating away a lot faster than that. Another thing is I can't seem to get my HR up to 135 which is one of my goals. I've timed my own HR and I know that my resting HR is 71, so how can I only have a HR of 88 walking at a brisk pace while working up a good sweat? Monday I'm trying a different treadmill because this one sucks.

I've decided that Monday I'm increasing my incline to 2 and my speed to 3.0 and I'll keep doing this till I've reached the maximum incline. I don't think I'll increase my speed too much though because I don't like to jog, although if they put Vin Diesel in front of me wearing only a towel ::deep sigh:: I could be enticed to break world records LOL. All in all I'm not in as bad shape as I thought, I haven't needed to use my inhaler at all and I haven't even gotten sore.

To lose 1 lb I have to burn approximately 3500 calories and unfortunately I can only walk during the week, so I plan on burning a minimum of 3500 calories a week for a total of 17,500 calories a month. At that rate I should be able to lose 4 lbs a month. Since I am currently only burning approximately 2500 calories a month I'm going to need to add another activity in order to reach my goal. If I continue at my present rate I'll only burn off 3 lbs a month and I'll get discouraged fast. Maybe I'll add bicycling to my routine, I don't know but I'll figure it out over the weekend.

No comments: